Welcome to the Neighbourhood Resource page.
On this page you will find links to documents and resources that have been created to support neighbourhood and pod/ street leaders to facilitate the development of their neighbourhoods.
The intention of the neighbourhood development is to build the connections between people living within a neighbourhood and the capacity of the neighbourhood to support each other before, during and after a disaster.
The FIRST SET OF DOCUMENTS, centre around a ‘Manual’ for neighbourhood development.
The core ‘Manual’ document outlines some proposed tasks and suggested support documents, which are listed here on the page. You can download the separate documents, one at a time, as needed or you can download all of the documents in one pack.
- Neighbourhood gathering process
- Activation plan
- Pod leader role description
- Survey note
- Neighbourhood survey
- Data spreadsheet (*xlsx-file downloads without being displayed)
- Event kit (coming soon)
- Let’s share
- Check ins
- Skills share + Skills share attach # 5
- RUKI flier
- Welcome to Uki
- Door knocking script
- All Support Docs in one pack (*zip-file downloads without being displayed)
The SECOND SET OF DOCUMENTS relate to the ‘Get Prepared for Floods and Storms’ workshop.
Originally neighbourhood and pod leaders attended a workshop with SES trainer Jack Frost and neighbourhood project coordinator, Marlena Basser. The intention was to have all the participants develop a preparation plan for floods and storms during the workshop and then to provide them with the tools and resources to do the same with their pod neighbours.
You can watch a video (in 3 parts) of the original training, here.
Videos will open in a new window.
The tools and resources are provided here in two kits.
1 The HOSTING KIT
includes all the documents needed to organise a Get Prepared for Flood and Storms session
- Hosting Your ‘Get Prepared’ event
- Pod program
- Invitation (*docx-file downloads without being displayed)
- Support docs list
- Event Kit Register
- Sign in sheet
- Neighbours Survey
- RUKI Event data sheet
- All Hosting Kit docs in one pack (*zip-file downloads without being displayed)
2 The SUPPORT DOCUMENTS KIT include all the handouts needed for the participants
For the ‘Essential’ documents, you will need at least one copy per participant.
- Action Plan template [ x 2 pp ] (*doc-file downloads without being displayed)
- Get ready flood safe factsheet
- Local flood impact doc
- Take 5 risk analysis document
- Emergency kit postcard
- Check on your neighbours fact sheet
- Get ready checklist
- Having a buddy document
- Feedback form
For the ‘Extra’ documents, you will need a couple of copies as reference documents for the group of participants.
- Storm Safe Fact sheet – weather warnings
- Rural properties flood safe
- SES when to call
- Useful apps and link
- SES Volunteer brochure
- All Extra Documents in one pack (*zip-file downloads without being displayed)
For more information about these resources, contact RUKI.